2018 New Frontier Story Lab
The Labs and Residency programs at New Frontier work to identify and foster independent artists and creative technologists innovating the art and form of story at the convergence of diverse forms of creative expression; and to build a community of collaborators across diverse disciplines to push the boundaries of story.
With an emphasis on story, the New Frontier Story Lab supports artists who are developing interactive, immersive, or experimental projects that aim to create rich and resonant experiences for audiences. The New Frontier Story Lab is open to a wide variety of storytelling disciplines, forms and story designs. Applications for the 2018 Lab will be available to storytellers, artists and creative technologists August 23, 2017 through October 18, 2017.
We invite projects that fit the following criteria:
- The project tells or co-creates a fiction, non-fiction or hybrid story (or stories).
- The project provides one or more of the following points of entry (broadly defined): film, gaming, theater, music, visual arts, creative coding/robotics, comics, literature, design and web/mobile native arts.
- The project innovates story design by using new technologies and platforms to enable the creation of story; OR designs that are exploring new methods of storytelling. The project is a work in progress with at least one component of its story design in advanced development.
- Applicants must have completed some previous work in one or more fields related to their project.
- International projects will be considered, but all project materials must be provided in English.
Is your question not addressed above? See our FAQ.